My Favorite Scone Recipe
I love food - and so something that is really important to me, is learning how to eat things that you enjoy, finding healthier options for some of your favorite things and NEVER giving up flavor!
That is why I will NEVER give up scones and these babies are the warm, fresh breakfast that you’re going to want tomorrow morning. These are definitely a treat but with almond flour and honey as the sweetener - they are healthier than the traditional version.
Blueberry Walnut Scones
2 3/4 Cup Almond Flour
1 Tbs Baking Powder
1/4 Tsp Salt
1/4 Cup Melted Coconut Oil
1 1/4 Cup Plain Almond Milk (+ a little more)
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
3/4 Cup Fresh or Frozen Blueberries
1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts
(Optional - handful of Brown Sugar)
1. Preheat Oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or Silpat.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour in the coconut oil, honey, egg, almond milk and vanilla. Mix it together until it is almost combined. Fold in the berries and walnuts but do not overmix.
4. Scoop out the dough in even measurements (makes about 12) and place, spaced out, on the baking sheet. Brush the tops with almond milk. You can sprinkle a little brown sugar on top, if you'd like.
5. Bake until the scones are golden brown - about 18 minutes.
6. Let cool completely before removing from pan
Enjoy the scones warm. If you have leftovers, heat them for a few minutes in a toaster oven or convection oven (they don’t taste that great if you microwave them!). They last about 2 days.